Friday, May 29, 2009

Getting dressed at Summerhill station!


It was this morning, as I was making my way to the subway. I noticed a man, he seemed in a hurry. His shirt, a purple gingham number, was untucked and he was carrying his matching purple tie and jacket.

I thought, "... must be running a little late this morning." He beat me to the subway station.

By the time I got down to the platform, he was already there. I noticed he had the jacket on now, and from my vantage point, i.e., walking more than a few steps behind him, it appeared as though he was tucking his shirt into his pants.

I thought, "... I'll know he was tucking his shirt into his pants when he does the zipper action." Huh? You might say?

Well, he had undone his pants - I could tell by how easy it was for him to tuck his shirt. But what's more impressive was, he was walking and tucking at the same time. All the while his pants were unbuttoned.

Then it happened, that familiar motion ... right arm bent and moving in an upward motion. Gotta be zippin' his pants!

Next move ... tying the tie. And the subway pulls in!